Business in the Community (BITC) and its network of business members are leading a movement to create a fair and sustainable world in which to live and work. Formed in 1982, and with HRH The Prince of Wales as our Royal Founding Patron, BITC are the largest and longest-established membership organisation dedicated to responsible business. They work and campaign with more than 600 members to continually grow their responsible business practices, uniting our efforts for greater social and environmental impact in our communities.
As part of that, they have a number of ways VCS can engage in their work.
One-to-one skilled business volunteer support – source business volunteers with a wide array of skills including those listed below:
- Finance / budgets/ funding applications
- HR/ policy writing/ staff management/ change management/ training
- Technology and digital support (technology set ups, remote working advice, to website and app design etc)
- Marketing, comms and social media
- Business planning, project management and general business support and advice
- Specialist services like legal support or surveyors etc.
Please visit the website Covid19 BITC (businessresponsecovid.org.uk) to submit a request for support. There is no limit on the number of requests.
They are also offering webinars which might be of interest.
- Recruitment and Diversity & Inclusion: How to create diverse and inclusive hiring and recruitment processes
13th July, 11am – 12pm
- Fundraising for Community Organisations: How to Write a Successful Application for Support
Now full but you can register your interest for the next one via the above link
New webinars will be released soon.
They also have a mailing list which can be signed up to here