Support Cambridgeshire’s annual State of the Sector Survey for 2019 is now available to view here.
The survey informs infrastructure organisations such as Support Cambridgeshire, local authorities, funders and others of the challenges, trends and patterns taking place across the voluntary sector in Cambridgeshire.
So, what are the headlines for 2019?
- A lack of funding is a major concern for voluntary organisations of all sizes, closely followed by the ability to recruit volunteers.
- Most of the groups we work with are small, with 50% having a turnover of less than £50,000 and 66% with five or fewer staff.
- There is an appetite for training in project development and management and strategic planning.
- There is an appetite for networking opportunities, particularly in groups of people working in a similar field.
- 89% of respondents feel it is important or very important that Support Cambridgeshire is there to represent the sector.
The full report can be viewed here.