Community Engagement Lead
Are you a proactive self-starter with a passion and drive to help communities find solutions for themselves?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic community development professional to join our small team and lead on Covid recovery work supporting targeted communities as we move into the next phase of Covid recovery.
Based in Fenland, the ideal candidate will have good knowledge and understanding of the various Fenland communities to lead an engagement programme working closely with community coordinators based within partner VCS organisations to lower infection rates and increase vaccine take up through developing community-based solutions.
Key components of the role:
- Build positive relationships with partner VCS organisations and key stakeholders to ensure a joined up approach.
- Coordinate support to target communities to increase vaccine take up and reduce infection rates.
- Support the development and empowerment of the voice of Fenland communities and the voluntary sector in relation to Covid, building community resilience.
- Lead in providing community-based intelligence and linking groups/individuals into relevant taskforce groups where necessary including VCS Forums.
- Lead on expanding communication with priority groups and communities via VCS Community Champions and support the generation and collation of feedback into Rapid Response Teams.
- Disseminate best practice (national, regional or local) and share learning.
There are two roles available.
Hours : Flexible minimum 21 up to 30 hours pw
Contract length: 1 year fixed term
Based: Home and in the community
Salary C. £24K to £25K pro rata
The application can be made via CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 19 May
Interviews: 24 May
We are an equal opportunities employer and are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the voluntary and community sector.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.