There are various general-purpose funders that will fund a wide variety of projects, such as:
- The National Lottery Community Fund
- People’s Postcode Lottery, which has 12 funds covering a wide range of causes
- Garfield Weston Foundation funds a wide range of projects: welfare, youth, community, arts, faith, environment, education, health, and museums and heritage
- Local councils’ community grant schemes including Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridge City Council, Hunts District Council, East Cambs District Council, South Cambs District Council and most town and parish councils. Note that district council grants are open for applications for a limited period once a year. Most town and parish councils have a rolling application schedule.
- Cambridgeshire County Council’s Innovate and Cultivate Fund has a broad remit but has a requirement that projects must reduce pressure on council services and/or offer direct savings for the Council.
- Cambridgeshire Community Foundation manages a range of funds focused specifically on Cambridgeshire
- Most social housing providers run grant schemes for projects that will benefit their tenants.
- Shops such as Tesco, Waitrose, Morrison’s, ASDA, Greggs, Co-Op, Ikea, Aviva and John Lewis.