Many people find it challenging to talk about mental health at work. Frontline staff may feel embarrassed about their suffering, while managers may not know what to say. Unfortunately, this can contribute to a vicious cycle as no one talks about it and the stigma and isolation grow.
In this workshop series, managers and supervisors will discover how to notice suffering in their team and start conversations safely. Through a straightforward four-step process, attendees will learn how to :
- Notice suffering in their colleagues
- Identify and overcome the barriers to engaging team members
- Cultivate empathy for their distress
- Respond appropriately and effectively to alleviate their concerns
There are two sessions in the series, of two hours duration each.
- Session One: How to notice suffering in the workplace and start conversations with your staff.
- Session Two: How to overcome barriers to compassion, build empathy and alleviate suffering.
Upon registering for Session 1, delegates will automatically receive an invite for Session 2 in that series. The series of workshops will run twice each month:
Wed 15th Sept 2-4 pm (Session 1); Wed 29th Sept 2-4 pm (Session 2) FULL
Fri 24th Sept 10-12 pm (Session 1); Fri 1st October 10-12 pm (Session 2) FULL
Wed 13th Oct 6-8 pm (Session 1); Wed 20th Oct 6-8 pm (Session 2) *evening sessions FULL
Fri 15th Oct 10-12 pm (Session 1); Fri 22nd Oct 10-12 pm (Session 2) FULL
Wed 10th November 2-4 pm (Session 1); Wed 24th Nov 2-4 pm (Session 2) FULL
Fri 19th November 10-12 pm (Session 1); Fri 26th Nov10-12 pm (Session 2) FULL
More training will be offered to check availability of this please CLICK HERE
Please regularly check the Staff Support Hub website for more information about the Hub and for details of upcoming similar sessions.
Is there anything wrong with this page?