This session is FREE to any community organisation operating within the County of Cambridgeshire.
The event is designed for anyone who manages volunteers and is responsible for ensuring that the needs and interests of the individual are being balanced with those of the organisation.
By the end of the session you will have a better understanding of:
- setting up or reviewing a system of supervision.
- recognising the importance of clear role descriptions and volunteer agreements.
- exploring how different people respond to supervision.
You will also have the chance to practice your own supervision skills.
You will learn:
- The different approaches to supervision.
- The impact of monitoring and evaluation.
- How motivational characteristics can impact on supervision.
- Supervision skills including practising the art of active listening, assertiveness and how to give and receive feedback.
This network session explores the world of the Military Covenant.
If you provide a service to ex -serving personnel or staff in service, or are interested in finding out about funding for providing military support projects then this session is for you.
The Armed Forces Covenant training will provide:
- An insight into military life and the unique circumstances it can create.
- Details of the Covenant at a national, regional and local level.
- What you can do to support and what it can do for you.
- Signposting and working with the Armed Forces Family.
- Funding opportunities and projects.
- How to become a Forces Friendly organisation.
This session is FREE to any community organisation, village hall or local council across Cambridgeshire.
A buffet lunch is provided at 12 noon and the session will start promptly at 12.30pm.
If you wish to book a space please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This session is being run by Vikki Barr, The Armed Forces Development Officer for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.