Who is it for?
For those managing volunteers or volunteer-led groups who feel they could do more to welcome people with different life experiences into their organisations, particularly those who face additional challenges and who may feel discouraged from accessing mainstream volunteering. This will complement the Improving Cultural Awareness workshop CECF are running for us om 15th February but it is not necessary to attend both. Perhaps you’d like more ideas around how you can be inclusive, how you can deliver on your organisations equality promises and encourage those within your organisation to welcome difference.
What will it cover?
By the end of the session you will have improved your knowledge of inclusive volunteering and learned practical ways to implement an inclusive volunteering policy.
What to expect?
- To gain an understanding of what inclusive volunteering entails and its value to organisations
- How to support your organisation’s equal opportunities policy
- How to break down real and perceived barriers and promote best practice
- How to identify volunteer’s support needs and how to address them
- How to motivate and manage volunteers with additional needs.
The training will be delivered by CCVS development team. This event is FREE to CCVS and Hunts Forum members
Registration is usually limited to two bookings per member organisation please contact CCVS if more spaces are required.
By booking on this course you agree to the CCVS cancellation policy
If you have any problems please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org