Managing volunteers can be a complex and challenging business. This Workshop will help participants pick through many of the legal issues surrounding the recruitment and management of volunteers.
Why should I come along?
The workshop and handouts will give you a concise and engaging review of the information you need to help your organisation meet its legal obligations to your volunteers.
Who is this workshop for?
Volunteer managers who are looking to refresh their existing knowledge, or those looking to build their competence and confidence in meeting legal requirements.
What will you learn?
- The importance of differentiating volunteer roles from employment roles and thus creating an employment contract.
- The correct handling of volunteer expenses.
- The steps needed to ensure that only suitable people are taken as volunteers, particularly when working with children and adults at risk of abuse.
- To gain an overview of aspects of lone working, insurance for volunteers and matters relating to copyright.
- Where to go for further information, advice, support and guidance.
The information provided in the workshop is not intended to be a full statement of the law. You should always get professional advice specific to your own organisation’s needs and requirements.