Why should I come along?
The workshop and handouts will give you a concise and engaging review of the information you need to help your organisation meet its legal obligations to your volunteers.
Who is this workshop for?
Volunteer managers who are looking to refresh their existing knowledge or those looking to build their competence and confidence in meeting legal requirements. This course is FREE to any organisation operating across Cambridgeshire, including village halls and Town and parish Councils.
What will you learn?
- The importance of differentiating volunteer roles from employment and thus avoiding the creation of an employment contract.
- How to correctly handle volunteer expenses.
- The steps to ensure only suitable people are taken on to volunteer particularly when working with children and adults at risk of abuse.
- To gain an overview of aspects of lone working, insurance for volunteers and copyright issues.
- Where to go for further information, support and advice.
The information provided in the workshop is not intended to be a full statement of the law. You should always get professional advice specific to your own organisation and its needs.
This course will be delivered by Chris Trevorrow of Cambridge CVS (Support Cambridgeshire partner).
By registering for this course you agree to abide by the Support Cambridgeshire Cancellation Policy