Everybody wants to live independently in their own community. However, making decisions about help, care and support can be daunting for people. The introduction of the Care Act in April 2015 has made positive changes to care and support for adults and carers.
- improving how the County Council safeguards people
- how it supports carers
- how it helps people plan more easily for the future, and
- how it ensures that people have the information and advice they need to be happy and healthy citizens.
In Cambridgeshire, the County Council and its partners in health, the city and district councils and the voluntary and community sector are working together to achieve this.
The networking session will provide information on:
- how adult social care is delivered in Cambridgeshire, including the Council’s approach to meeting the twin pressures of rising demand on health and social care services and significantly reduced resources, and
- The key sources of information and assistance.
An important part of this session will also explore how the council and voluntary groups can work more closely together to achieve better outcomes in Adult Social Care.