This course will be most relevant to those from unincorporated charitable organisations or CIOs with an annual income of less than £250,000 a year. Please note that requirements for charitable companies registered with Companies House will not be covered.
The course will give an introduction to the Charities Act 2016, Charities SORP (FRS 102) and Charity Commission requirements, including the format of Receipts and Payments Accounts, Trustees’ Annual Reports, reserves policies and independent examination of charity accounts. We will also look at financial systems and financial controls.
What will I learn?
- What the filing and reporting requirements of your organisation are with the Charity Commission
- What format you need to use for your year-end accounts
- Requirements for including the impact of Covid 19 in your Annual report and accounts
- How to prepare a reserves policy
- What an independent examination is and whether you need one
- How to implement good financial systems and controls
About the Trainer: Louise Prosser is the Finance Manager with Hunts Forum and is a Chartered Accountant who has worked in the voluntary sector for 18 years.
She has previously worked as a Development Worker, providing training and support to voluntary organisations. She also has experience as a Treasurer for a variety of organisations.
Cost: Free to Hunts Forum and Cambridge CVS members
Information and Booking: To book, click here.
For more information or if not a member of Hunts Forum or Cambridge CVS email email@example.com