Support Cambridgeshire is excited to announce a free workshop open to all community groups working in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough looking at the eligibility for a DBS check.
What will be covered?
• What level of check a role may be eligible for
• what each level of checks shows
• filtering rules
• what counts as a regulated activity with children and adults
• other safer recruitment practices
• myth-busting exercise
• relevant examples,
• the update service and a quiz.
Followed by a short amount of time to answer general questions. The speaker is unable to deal with current application enquiries and may take questions away and follow up after the workshop.
Georgie is the Regional Outreach Adviser for the East of England at the Disclosure and Barring Service. Her role is to support those organisations looking at carrying out DBS checks and support you to choose the right paths.
This workshop is free to attend and organised by Support Cambridgeshire.