Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at community organisations. It is an opportunity to learn the basics about safeguarding to help ensure that everyone is kept as safe as possible from abuse, neglect and harm.
Paid staff or managers or those in lead roles where an organisations works routinely with adults at risk and children should attend the appropriate Cambridgeshire County Council course designed for them.
By the end of the session participants will:
- be able to define the term safeguarding;
- find out what the local priorities are within Cambridgeshire;
- be aware of the dangers of the internet;
- recognise the types of abuse and how to spot them;
- be able to log a concern with their organisation;
- know what to do if they have a safeguarding concern.
Your Trainer: Angela Haylock
Angela previously worked for a small charity for 7 years where she worked as the Designated Child Protection Officer and has delivered Safeguarding training since 2008. In 2013 she set up her own company called The Safeguarding Toolbox.
Please click here to book your place.