Who should attend?
This course is particularly aimed at people involved with small to medium size voluntary organisations who would like to learn what is involved in preparing a budget. No previous experience is necessary.
What will the session involve?
This course will take a practical look at the process of preparing a budget, understanding and estimating costs, an introduction to full cost recovery, producing a cash flow forecast and how to monitor and use budgets throughout the year. The final hour of the course will be an optional session looking further at Full Cost Recovery and models that can be used in this process. Please bring a calculator with you.
What will you gain from it?
- An understanding of the process of setting a budget
- An idea of how to begin calculating figures for your budget
- How to prepare and use a cashflow forecast
- How to use your budget to produce other financial reports
- A basic understanding of Full Cost Recovery, when this should be used and models that are available to help and assist.
Louise Prosser is a Chartered Accountant who has worked in the voluntary sector for 14 years. She has previously worked as a Development Worker, providing training and support to voluntary organisations and is now Finance Manager for Hunts Forum. She also has experience as a Treasurer for a variety of organisations.
By registering for this course you agree to abide by the Support Cambridgeshire Cancellation Policy