We are pleased to announce that the 2018 Conference for Cambridgeshire Local Councils will be taking place on Friday 23 November 2018 in Huntingdon (at the Marriott Hotel, Kingfisher Way PE29 6FL).
Based on last year’s feedback, and thanks to sponsorship from the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority and Cambridgeshire County Council, this will now be a full day event from 9.30am to 3.45pm including lunch and opportunities for networking with other attendees. There will also be a marketplace of stalls offering useful information and services to local councils.
UPDATED The full programme for the event is now available here. It includes addresses from the Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire County Council, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Association of Local Councils and the Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, James Palmer, who will be talking about his ambitions for our rural villages and market towns. Delegates can also attend workshops on:
- Market Town Masterplans: the Role of Local Councils
- Realising the capabilities of parish councils
- The role of Community Led Housing in Cambridgeshire’s rural communities
- Community Engagement – Challenges and Opportunities
- Be Prepared! How you can mobilise your community in an emergency
- Undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan in your Parish
- Improving collaborative working between Clerks and Councillors
- Harnessing nature to power our future; Local Councils and renewable energy generation
- Declining Public Transport: What are the options for Local Councils to relieve the impact?
This event will be useful to Councillors and Clerks from local councils, District and County Councillors and representatives from organisations that work with and support local councils across Cambridgeshire. Bookings are now open.
How to book
Bookings should be made by Friday 9 November 2018. Joining instructions will be sent to all delegates one week prior to the event.
Who is organising this conference?
This event is being organised by Support Cambridgeshire Partner Cambridgeshire ACRE in association with the Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Association of Local Councils, the Society of Local Council Clerks Cambridgeshire branch, the County’s District Councils, Cambridgeshire County Council and the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
Cambridgeshire ACRE are working together to deliver this conference as part of our continued commitment to building a stronger dialogue between all levels of local government.
Any enquiries should be addressed to Alison Brown at Cambridgeshire ACRE on 01353 865029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.